I held my book party this weekend and treated guests to a hearty sampling of treats from Icy, Creamy, Healthy, Sweet. It was such a great reminder of the joy of sharing frozen treats! Both kids and adults couldn’t contain their excitement when I brought out trays of pops (made in dixie cups), ice cream sandwiches and flavored ice. Another of my favorite party tricks is a shaved ice station. HawaiianShavedIce.com makes really cool shaved ice machines, and with a few simple ingredients, you can make a whole host of beautiful, delicious, wholesome syrups. Watch the video above for some fun ideas! If you’re interested in a shaved ice machine of your own, HawaiianShavedIce.com is offering 30% off the the S900A Electric Shaved Ice Machine with the coupon code — ICYHEALTHY. It retails for $29.95, which is such a great deal (and that’s before the coupon code)! I love that this machine produces shaved ice that is light-as-air and fluffy. It makes for such a light and refreshing summer treat. Cheers to super summer parties!
Watermelon Lime Mint Syrup
2 cups watermelon, cubed
4 mint leaves
Berry Lemonade Syrup
1 cup blueberries
1 cup blackberries
Pomegranate and Stone Fruit Syrup
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1 peach, peeled and pitted
1 nectarine, peeled and pitted
1 cup cherries, pitted
Strawberry Kiwi Syrup
1 cup strawberries, chopped
2 cups kiwi, peeled and chopped
1. Prepare fruit for blender (washing, peeling, pitting, chopping). Blend until liquid. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and compost the pulp. Alternatively, you can use a juicer to extract the juice.
2. In a small bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon of water with 1 teaspoon of arrowroot starch (this helps to thicken the liquid into syrup).
3. In a small saucepan combine the strained fruit juice with 1 tablespoon of honey (feel free to add more, depending on your taste). Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring until the honey is dissolved. Add the arrowroot slurry to the pan and stir. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to thicken as it cools.
4. Using a shaved ice machine, prepare your shaved ice.
5. For serving, add 2 heaping cups of shaved ice to a small cup or paper cone and drizzle the syrup on top. Enjoy!